NEWS..... it is frustrating...

I've struggled, of late, to get news. Should I be on twitter? Should I be on FB? Should I subscribe to a traditional paper, magazine? I have done all that in the last couple years. Still struggling with the negativity and skepticism of what to believe, what not to believe. I have decided not to log into my FB for a few months now, but have been on twitter constantly, especially for news. I came across this article in NY Times by Farhad Manjoo. I really liked how he has portrayed the way he is adapting to get in-depth news. Any news, given some time, will get itself filtered from the cognitive load of people who read it before you. The limited character tweet with a link to the full article has baffled me many a times! When I read the article in full, I couldn't have come to the same limited character summary like the original tweet - sometimes not even close! Farhad's opinion makes a lot of sense to me. Now, the challenge is to get rid of the twitter bug - well, not necessarily, 'stop depending on twitter only' is the message!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Belize (Feb 2024)

Iceland - Land of Fire and Ice (August 2018)

Northern Lights Trip to Iceland (Feb 2019)